Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rainbow Textiles - A Refound Friend



We first met in 1966 in Evanston, Illinois - but it has been decades since we met last. I remember so well a visit to Lynn's Silverbirch Spinning Shop in Whiting Bay (on the Isle of Arran), learning how to spin, my two small children in tow.

Today, for no specific reason, I search the web again for Lynn, again using different search words. And she was, almost unchanged but for the color of her hair - almost forty years whizzed past, and throughout those decades we had both pursued the same directions in different ways. What a wonderful surprise this Tuesday held for me!

On her Rainbow Textiles website I found pictures of her and her children, two of whom I had met all that time ago! And look at her beautiful textile art projects! The one above Lynn called: California Storm 2009.

Hello, bonjour, guten Tag Lynn - so glad to have found you again!
(Picture credit)
Lynn on Ravelry

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beauty!!! California Storm really speaks true to me. Lynn's design work is amazing. I love her Aran knitwear. How wonderful it is to reconnect with old friend. I still dream about my young friends...more so as I get older? People tell me to get on Facebook if I really want to find them. As much as I'd like to, I need to nurture the few I have in presence and not hung up on the past. Who knows...if it meant to be reconnected, we'll find each other :D

Laura said...

Yes Sarah - there is a time for everything, isn't there - thank you for your comment.